Push Hard, Run Fast, Laugh Lots, Have Fun!

My journey this far in bobsleigh and in life

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Santo Domingo!

Hi All!
Hola! Como estas?
 As most of you know, I've been planning to travel to Haiti for some time now. I've been hoping and praying for everything to work out. Timing, Organization, money, etc.  EVERYTHING has! 
I've been blessed to be able to come to Santo Domingo as well, which initially was not part of the plan but I'm beginning to think I'm God's resident stand-up comedian 'cause I STAY making God laugh with my planning! lol!
Anyway, I landed yesterday after about 7 hours of travel and Santo Domingo is beautiful!  it reminds me in a lot of ways of Jamaica.  There are tons of Haitians in Santo Domingo right now, especially since the earthquake as many have relocated looking for jobs and homes.
I'm in the midst of a dream come true right now as I am about to implement a Camp EDIFY right here in Santo Domingo!   It's going to take some time and these next few weeks will just be the initial stages, but I've already been invited to come back next year to oversee the continuation of it!  YAY!!
   I leave for Haiti on the 18th and I'm very excited about that as well and I hope to be able to keep you posted as much as possible.
I'm staying with a wonderful family, a Pastor and her husband and their little dog Shiloh (shylito, they call him in endearment!) and they have been extremely generous and hospitable to me already...and I've only been here for two days!
I can't wait to tell you all more about what's happening!
Stay tuned,
Shelley

2 comments:

EAMSlider said...

YAY!! So glad you are able to go down there and do God's work!! YAY!!! What is Camp EDIFY?? Did you start it or is it already an organization? How can I help??? Miss you dearly!

Chastity said...

Right after the earthquake I went to Haiti as well. Was wondering what part of Haiti will you be in?