Push Hard, Run Fast, Laugh Lots, Have Fun!

My journey this far in bobsleigh and in life

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowed In!!

  Remember when you were a kid, and you wished for those huge snowfalls that would keep you out of school the next day? Sometimes it would snow a ton, and the following morning you'd look longingly at the snow while listening to the radio and eating your breakfast just hoping that your school would be among closures named.  Every now and then, (maybe once a year) you'd get lucky and school would actually be cancelled.  
Most of the time though, you were pulling on your snowpants and boots trudging through the snow to school, thinking, "at least recess will be super fun today!"
  Well, my childhood dreams of massive snowfalls were fulfilled  and THEN some as I woke up yesterday to find the biggest snowfall I have ever seen outside the window of my bedroom at the Olympic Training centre in Cesana, Italy.  Take a look at THIS!

I spent the day braiding my teammate Jenny's hair with extensions and shoveling snow. It was a day off anyhow and training wasn't supposed to start until the next day.  It snowed almost the entire day but by the time I went to bed it had stopped snowing. Or so i thought!  
Look at it today!
As I write this, the snow is about as tall as I am, which is 173m tall or 5'8, and we are preparing to have a massive nation against nation snowball fight which will probably go down in history as the BEST snowball fight to ever happen in the history of bobsleigh.  I'm talking forts, strategies,  ambushes - the whole nine yards!  Officially right now, it's  us( the Canadians) the Russians, The Latvians, The Brits, The Austrians and Japan (who will probably team up with the Brits 'cause they have  a pretty small team.  Yup,  it's a snowball WAR, not a snowball fight!
I know that I will most likely be sore and very tired tomorrow but I have to take this opportunity to have this snow fun...ten year old Shelley would never forgive me if I didn't :-)
Gotta run! I have snowpants to put on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesss Shelley-Ann! This is Joseph Harrison... The second youngest from the Harrison house hold. I live in Pickering and was reading the news paper and came across an article on you which lead me to your blog... Hype!!! I've sent the link to your blog to the rest of the family.

Anyhow, it's cool to see you representing Canada in the Olympics. I'll be looking out for you in the 2010

Shelley-Ann Brown said...

Thanks Joe!